|Posted by moodhacker on July 30, 2017 at 8:15 AM|
"To honor the Greek Diaspora is the cornerstone for shaping the modern Greek historical reality."
The 4th World Summit of Greeks Abroad was held successfuly this year in Methoni and Ancient Olympia between July 28th and the 30th of July 2017, under the auspices of the Organization of the Central Union of Greece's Municipalities KEDE"HisMajestythe GreekImmigrant" , the Holy Metropolis of Ilia, the Olympic Commitee, The International Olympic Academy, the Fond of Athletics Committee of the Municipality of Ancient Olympia, the Municipality of Pylos Nestoros and many more intitutions and authorities
A series of events , many of them of symbolical meaning, took place during the three day summit, as the baptism of a child of a destitute Greek family in Ancient Olympia, traditional programs of Musical tributes, Honorary Distinctions of Outstanding Greeks of the Diaspora and a Scholarship Award announced at the close up of the summit, which was held with the participation of distinguished Greeks of the Diaspora , mayors, Spyros Capralos, chairman of the Hellenic Olympic Committee, Michalis Fysentzidis, president of the International Olympic Academy, George Lenos, chairman of the Federation of Philanthropy of the Spirit And the President of #HisMajestytheGreekImmigrant of the Central Union of Greece's Municipalities, Mary Rissakis, and many Greeks, opinion leaders in the fields of politics, church, medicine, entrepreneurship and culture.
On Sunday July 30th George Patoulis, President of the Central Union of Greece' Municipalities, KEDE , opened the special session of the conference: "Greece of yesterday, today, tomorrow" at the amphitheater of the Olympic Games
The Mayor of Maroussi, Mr. George Patoulis and President of Central Union of Municipalities of Greece, and Presiden of Athens Medical Association emphasized in his speech the importance to actively support Instituions and Intitatives that promote the Greek DIaspora, as the Annual World Summit of Greeks Abroad -which was held for the forth year in Greece-, "that serve Greece and the Greek people by the awareness and the distribution of the Greek culture, the Greek entrepreneurship, the scientific achievements worldwide by the Greek minds, and so many more that make Greece proud and contribute to the process of the national renaissance. George Patoulis underlined his belief in joining forces and uniting all the dynamics of Greece, either inside or outside the country, and promised to continue his support and contribution from positions of responsibility, to the strenghtening and bonding of Motherland Greece with the Greeks abroad .
The Forth Wold Summit ofhe Greeks Abroad honored distingushed Greeks for their offerg and their work in specialized fiields :
- Gavrilis Ted Aerospace - President of Lockheed, Commercial Space Systems
Astronautics Inventor, former member of the National Management Association (NMA), Air Force Association (AFA) The American Astronautical Society (AAS) and the American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics (AIAA)
- Halikias Mike Owner of 30 Banks Builder of apr. 600 villages of 500-700 houses,Theater, golf courses, Investments etc.
- Fakoukakis Emmanouel Chemical Engineer
- Christina Lemou, (Shipping company)
- Liana Skourlis Cultural manager to museums, foundations, private collections and art exhibitions internationally. President at Maria Kallas Fountation
- Ahmet Attia Businessman, Hotels and a chain of Restaurants
- Professor Dr. Kalangos Afxendios (Pediatric - Cardiac Surgeon)
- Professor Dr. Kofidis (Thoracic-cardiac surgeon, Singapore)
- John Manos Archbishop of the Patriarchate, president of the Archbishop of the Patriarchate in 6 counties of America
- Jozef Dimitris Physical mathematician, entrepreneur,
- Joseph Polosifakis World Champion of Fencing with the Canadian National Team.
- Kaloidis Dimitris Businessman, Reception Halls, Dinners, Hotels, Museum,